Hawaiian Sandwiches

This afternoon, a friend asked for ideas on making a can of tuna taste good. I'm probably too late, but I thought I'd share a quick, easy recipe we use tuna for: Hawaiian Sandwiches. Credit for this one goes to my wife and her family, although our family has adopted it heartily. Sometimes though, my boys just eat the cheese on top and leave the rest.

Hawaiian Sandwiches
Ingredients
5 oz can tuna
approx 1/2 c mayo
approx 1 Tbsp mustard
8-10 slices bread
20 oz (approx) can pineapple slices
8-10 slices cheddar cheese

Directions
Preheat the broiler to 500F.

In a small bowl, mix the tuna, mayo, and mustard. Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Spread the tuna mixture on 8 to 10 slices of bread. Place one slice of pineapple on each slice of bread, cover with one slice of cheese.

Put sandwiches under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts