Dutch Oven Chicken Supreme

I went on a campout this last weekend and I found out on Thursday night that I'd be feeding 5-6 adults dinner on Friday and breakfast on Saturday. Oh geez. Simple is King.

So I flipped through my Palm, where I keep all of my best recipes on hand *ahem* and found Dutch Oven Chicken Supreme. It sounded simple and quick, with a minimum of preparation, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I'd love to credit the recipe's author, but I'm just not sure where I got it. If this recipe looks familiar, gimme a shout and I'll acknowledge.

This was a big hit, and I'll absolutely do it again.

Prep
At home, I thawed and precooked the chicken (as much as time would allow) on the gas grill, and cut it (the chicken, not the grill) into 2-3" chunks--not quite bite-sized, but something quick to cook and easy to dish out.

When you get to camp, preheat a 12" dutch oven using about 10 coals below and 14 above. (That's about 350F.)

Ingredients
5-6 chicken
1/4 lb. sliced ham
1/4 lb. sliced swiss
1 box dry stuffing mix
1 10.75 oz can cream of soup

Directions
Arrange chicken in the bottom of the DO. Cover chicken with slices of ham. Cover ham with slices of cheese. Cover cheese with stuffing mix. Spoon soup over stuffing mix. Cover and cook 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout.

Comments

Popular Posts