100 Pushups

In random stumblings through the web, I happened upon a site that inspired me: http://hundredpushups.com/. Lately, I've been struggling in my workouts, and lacking motivation. I figure that this is a short-term (read: short enough to keep my attention!) goal, that seems challenging, yet somewhat attainable.

Before you start the program, you're supposed to complete an initial test--basically do as many push ups as you can. I did 21 "good form" push ups, which I suppose is decent for as much as I do push ups--almost never.

Each week has three levels of exercise, but they don't really take that initial rank into account. Instead, you take another initial test at the end of some weeks to determine your level for the following week. For week one, day one, I'll do sets of 10, 10, 8, 7, and then max out. Day two is 12, 12, 10, 10, and max. Day three is 15, 13, 10, 10, and max.

I'm not sure how week one will go, but I'm hoping that I can get through it okay...

Comments

Popular Posts