Cub Camp - Day 4 of 4
Aah, the final day. There were several highlights for the closing day of camp:
- Pirate reenactors came and told us about life as a pirate and why they joined a pirate crew...and they had a swordfight, too!
- A raingutter regatta was held, and halfway into it we discovered that the left-side gutter was far slower than the right.
- The fire department sprayed us all with a water cannon mounted on their fire truck. Lots of screams of delight ensued.
- We went on a treasure hunt! (When I retrieved the "pirate chest" at the end of the hunt, I took off running, screaming, "Arrr harr harr! I've got all your booty and ye'll never catch me! Harr harr!" Eight screaming kids with foam swords ran after me. I intentionally tripped and was pummeled--almost to bruising!--before I yelled "Arrr! I give up!")
- We had field games, including various races with other crews.
- We tried to launch a few more wet sponges with the launchers, but it somehow deterioirated into a water melee with sponges, buckets, and a sprinkler.