100 Pushups - Week 5 Day 2

Somewhere between Monday and Wednesday, Steven Speirs switched things up on me--and I think that's a good thing. I'm not sure why, but he took a look at how the sets and reps were distributed and with some advice from push up experts (I had no idea there were such people...) he revised the plan a bit. From what I've seen so far, it's a change for the good.

Yesterday's sets totalled 185 push ups in 6 sets, and I got through every single one. Since I only wrote down the reps in each set and not the rest time in between each, I guessed that it would be about 30-45 seconds, but I took a full minute of rest. I think I've gotten to the point where I know how my body will react to a given set of sets, so I'm giving myself a bit of slack on rest times. It worked pretty well for me yesterday, since I was just barely able to get to the max reps (45) on the last set.

I can do this!

Comments

Popular Posts