I'm a Reading Ninja!

I'm a reading ninja. It's true. I read an awful lot, much of which is aloud. I read a book to Mike before I put him to bed. I read the Scriptures to J and Spence, then read to each of them before I put them to bed. Most nights, I read a book to Kara before I put her to bed! (I don't usually read out loud to myself, though. That'd be kinda kooky.)

Books I've read to my family:

Mike
Where the Wild Things Are
Various fables and nursery rhymes, e.g. The Three Bears
He picks his own books, so I never know what's next

Spence
Books 1-13 (we're halfway through 13!) of A Series of Unfortunate Events
Stuart Little
James and the Giant Peach
Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (Oh! Those Vermicious Knids!)
Next is the Harry Potter series

J
All of the Harry Potter series
All of the Chronicles of Narnia (Some were really deep to read with a 7-year-old!)
Banner in the Sky
Ender's Game
Next is the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings series

Kara
All of the Harry Potter series
Books 1-11 of A Series of Unfortunate Events (halfway through book 11)

I've personally read these in the last few years:
Dune: House Atreides
Dune: House Harkonnen
Dune
Dune Messiah
Children of Dune
God Emperor of Dune
Heretics of Dune
Chapterhouse Dune

New Spring
The Eye of the World
The Great Hunt
The Dragon Reborn
The Shadow Rising
The Fires of Heaven
Lord of Chaos
A Crown of Swords
The Path of Daggers
Winter's Heart
Crossroads of Twilight
Knife of Dreams

Wizard's First Rule
Stone of Tears
Blood of the Fold
Temple of the Winds
Soul of the Fire
Faith of the Fallen
The Pillars of Creation
Naked Empire
Chainfire

Have Space Suit--Will Travel
Methuselah's Children
Starship Troopers
Stranger in a Strange Land
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
The Cat Who Walks Through Walls

A Princess of Mars
The Gods of Mars
The Warlord of Mars
Thuvia, Maid of Mars
The Chessmen of Mars

Frankenstein
Dracula

And there are a few of Bradbury's short stories I read, too.

Comments

Popular Posts